Last Updated on
LG’s current flagship, the LG V10 created waves in the mobile market for being one of the finest crafted phones you could get. To some it was a beefed up LG G4 while to some, it was an entirely new device. The phone quickly became an overnight sensation and the folks over XDA started buying their devices so they could tinker with it.
Soon after the release, the bootloader unlock arrived and people started unlocking their bootloader. Considering how unlocking your phone’s bootloader opens up a lot of possibilities, it’s a fun thing to do. Yes, unlocking the bootloader does void the warranty and wipes all the internal storage, this is only suggested for developers and advanced users but it also lets you root your phone and install all sorts of custom mods as well as custom ROMs. There’s one simple theory when it comes to buying an Android phone for an advanced user; apart from having good specifications, a phone must have a good 3rd party support over at XDA to make the experience truly mesmerising.
Today, we are going to take a look at how you can unlock the bootloader of your LG V10.
Note: Unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty of your device and wipes the internal storage.
Unlock LG V10 Bootloader
- Download and install ADB installer from here.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the build number 7 times.
- Go back to Settings > Developer options and make sure “USB debugging” and “OEM unlock” are checked.
- Connect your LG V10 to the PC.
- Open command prompt and execute the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will reboot into bootloader mode, once there, execute the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
- The unlocking process will take a few minutes, once done, execute the following command to exit the bootloader mode:
Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your LG V10. The first boot will take up to 5 minutes. In case you faced any issues, let us know.