Last Updated on
Lollipop v5.0 was the last official update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 received. But thanks to the open source nature of Android OS there are many custom ROMs available in the market which can be installed on different devices with adequate fire-power. LineageOS finally released its Custom ROM based on latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005.
A vibrant Full HD Super AMOLED 5.7 inch screen is slapped on the face of Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. With 13 MP, f/2.2 primary Camera and 2MP front facing camera. On the performance side its packed with 3GB of Ram and pretty powerful Octa-core processor. So, you shouldn’t worry about the performance the device has enough power to run latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
The ROM is great and won’t give up on you while you are playing with it. Having said that, the ROM still have some bugs like Facebook Video Calling doesn’t work. Also, the RGB slider is broke. But still it’s worth trying since all the main features like Mobile Data, Audio, GPS, Google Play Application installing, Bluetooth, Call, In call volume slider, Camera, USB OTG Support, NFC (Partially working), hotspot and many more are working flawless.
You were here because you wanted a guide on how to update Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Therefore, we have compiled a step by step guide to fulfill your wish and if you follow it carefully within no time you will be enjoying Nougat on your Note3 N9005.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. Please don’t try it on any other variant.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
Guide on How to Install Android 7.1.1 LineageOS Nougat Custom ROM
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download LineageOS Android 7.1.1 ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Note 3 to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy Note3 with your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.1 ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect from the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button together
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.1 ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing Google Gapps after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed LineageOS Android 7.1.1 Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note3 LTE N9005.