Last Updated on
Last year, Oppo launched three excellent smartphones in the market. The Oppo R9, Oppo R9 Plus and Oppo F1s all these devices comes with amazing specifications and has Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box but now Oppo has officially launched Android 6.0 Marshmallow in all three devices. There were rumors that Oppo might skip the Marshmallow update and treat these devices with Nougat but unfortunately it didn’t happen. However, Marshmallow is still a nice touch to the devices and this new firmware update comes with new features like the Tap, Doze Mode, Google Assistant and a lot more. This firmware is currently on the roll in Australia via OTA update and weighs around 1.63 GB. If you own an Oppo device and still haven’t received this update then you can install it manually by following our detailed guide.
This Android 6.0 Marshmallow update guide is only for Oppo R9, Oppo R9 Plus and Oppo F1s. Verify your device model by going to Settings > About Phone. Please don’t try it on other variants.
AndroidTutorial.Net will not be held responsible for any damage to your device during or after the update process. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have created a full backup of your device including your personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent or higher battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the update process.
- You need to activate the USB Debugging on your device. You can enable it USB Debugging on Oppo devices by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- You have installed the latest Oppo USB Drivers.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Oppo R9, R9 Plus and on Oppo F1s:
1. First of all, download the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for your device.
2. Once downloaded, rename the file to ‘Update.zip’.
3. Now, connect your device to PC using the USB cable.
4. Now, copy and place the firmware files in the root directory of your SD card.
5. Now, go to files > All Files > Select the zip file > Click Update now.
6. Your device will now reboot and the installation process will now initiate.
Once completed, You have the official Android 6.0 update installed on your Oppo device.