Last Updated on
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge receives Android 7.1 Nougat update via Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Galaxy Note Edge was released back in September 2014 and it came with Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box. Later it received Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA updates. But unfortunately, Samsung didn’t release Nougat updates for Galaxy Note Edge. But thanks to the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM you can now enjoy latest Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy Note Edge. This is only possible because of the open-source nature of Android.
You can install Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy Note Edge via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM. The ROM is very stable and won’t slow your 3 years old Device. Therefore, you can enjoy all the latest features of Android 7.1 Nougat on your Galaxy Note Edge without slowing it down. This is not an Official release by Samsung since the Korean Giant stopped the software support for Galaxy Note Edge long ago. So, you will need a Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed your phone in order to install Android 7.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
This seems a difficult task, but if you follow our step by step guide then you will be able to successfully install Android 7.1 on Galaxy Note Edge via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM within no time. However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Galaxy Note Edge. To confirm the model no. go to Settings > About Phone. Please don’t try it on any other variant.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery must be installed. This guide is based on ClockWorkMod.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy Note Edge USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Android 7.1 On Galaxy Note Edge via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Note Edge on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy Note Edge with your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste ResurrectionRemix Android 7.1 ROM .zip and zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect from the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. To do so, turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and Step 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.1 ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- After the Custom ROM installation is completed. Repeat the same process for installing Google Gapps.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes, so be patient. Don’t interrupt the booting process.
You have successfully installed Android 7.1 On Galaxy Note Edge via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.