Last Updated on
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are the most anticipated devices of 2017. Now that both the devices are released, it will start receiving support for the tools available for Android Power Users on the internet. The first thing you would want to do with your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus is to root it. But before rooting Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus you must install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
Today we have a good news for people who own Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus with Exynos Chip. TWRP has included both the devices in their support list, it means you can now install TWRP on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus with Exynos chip. We will guide you How to Install TWRP on Galaxy S8 (G950F) and Galaxy S8+ (G955F/FD/X/N). Once you successfully install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S8/S8+, you will be able to root your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, flash Custom ROMS and kernels on your device.
With our simple and easy step by step guide on How to Install TWRP on Galaxy S8 (G950F) and Galaxy S8+ (G955F/FD/X/N) you will be able to install the Custom Recovery on your device within no time. But we recommend going through the whole guide once before implementing steps.
So, if you want to install TWRP on your Galaxy S8 (G950F) and Galaxy S8+ (G955F/FD/X/N) then follow below guide carefully and within 10 to 15 minutes you will have TWRP Recovery installed on your Galaxy S8/S8+.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTE: YOU MUST ENABLE “OEM UNLOCK” (located in Developers options) BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8 (G950F)
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8+ (G955F/FD/X/N)
- Download Latest Odin
How to Install TWRP on Galaxy S8 (G950F) and Galaxy S8+ (G955F/FD/X/N)
The process is same for both Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. In this guide, we will install TWRP on Galaxy S8 (G950F).
- First download above mentioned files on your PC.
- Extract the TWRP for Galaxy S8 (G950F) file to get the file with .tar extension and Odin flashing tool to get the Odin file.
- Now boot your phone into download mode.
- To boot Galaxy S8/S8+ into Download Mode, Turn your phone off. Once it’s fully off, press and hold the Bixby and Volume Down button and then press the Power button. The phone will boot into Download Mode. Now, press Volume Up key to continue!
- Run Odin as administrator on PC.
- Now connect your phone with computer using a USB cable.
- Once the Galaxy S8 is connected successfully with the PC, the ID: COM port will turn Yellow on Odin, and you’ll see “Added!!”
- Click on the AP button on Odin and locate the file twrp-3.1.0-r1_dreamlteks.tar which you extracted earlier. Once located, select it.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F . Reset Time options are checked and Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process of TWRP on Galaxy S8.
- A PASS! message will appear once the installation of TWRP on Galaxy S8 is successful. The device will restart now.
- Disconnect the device from PC and turn it off to boot it in TWRP Recovery mode.
- Accessing the recovery mode in Galaxy S8/s8+ is pretty easy. All you need to do is to turn your device completely off. Once it’s off, press and hold the Bixby and Volume Up button and then press the Power button. Once the phone turned on, leave the Power button and keep the Bixby and Volume Up button pressed. Let go every button once you see the blue screen with Android logo.
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S8 (G950F).