Last Updated on
LeEco Le Max 2 finally gets and update from Lineage OS, now you can install Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1.1 on LeEco Le Max 2. The device came with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and was not upgradable to Android Nougat. But thanks to the awesome team of Lineage OS, you can install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on LeEco Le Max 2 via Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM. By installing this ROM you will be able to taste the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat on LeEco Le Max and also it will speed up your device. Since the Custom ROMs provided by Lineage OS are extremely fast and free of any type of bloatware.
By following our guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on LeEco Le Max 2, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android Nougat flavor on LeEco Le Max 2. This latest custom ROM features many new features like Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, and System UI Tuner. All official Android 7.1.1 Nougat features are available in this Custom ROM which is built for LeEco Le Max 2.
So, if you are ready to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on LeEco Le Max 2 then follow our guide carefully.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on LeEco Le Max 2. Please don’t try it on any other variant.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download LeEco Le Max 2 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The bootloader on LeEco Le Max 2 must be unlocked.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on LeEco Le Max 2
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download LineageOS Android 7.1.1 Custom ROM and Google Apps for LeEco Le Max 2 on your computer.
- Connect your LeEco Le Max 2 with your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.1 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons together.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.1 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Custom ROM on your LeEco Le Max 2.