Last Updated on
Snapchat is one of the most popular apps used on Android. The app is very popular amongst youth and millions of them use it on daily basis to update about their social life. However, while using it your Snapchat may force close on Android with the message ‘Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped’. There could be a number of reasons which cause ‘Unfortunately Snapchat has stopped’ error. And once this error starts getting in your way it gets very annoying and you won’t be able to use the app properly. To address this issue, we have compiled a list on How To Fix Unfortunately Snapchat Has Stopped Error. Below fixes will fix unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error.
How To Fix Unfortunately Snapchat Has Stopped Error
Clear cache to fix unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error
- Go to Settings app on your Android Device
- Next, go to the Applications menu and tap on it
- Here look for Snapchat and tap on it and then tap Storage
- Now tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data
Now restart your device and try the Snapchat. Hopefully, unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error will be fixed. If not, move to the next quick fix.
Re-install Snapchat to fix unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error
This is the most common fix for any issue with any app. Sometimes, the apps get corrupted and need a simple re-installation. Therefore, go ahead uninstall Snapchat and re-install it. Restart the device and then try again.
If the above fixes didn’t help to fix unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error then we might need to dig little deeper to identify the problem. Now follow below steps carefully to pinpoint the issue which is causing unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error.
Causes & Solutions for Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped Error
- If you have recently updated Snapchat, then there is a possibility that the update you installed has a bug in it which is causing unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error. The solution is pretty simple, uninstall the updated Snapchat and search for 1-2 weeks older version of Snapchat and install it on your device.
- Some custom ROMs and modifications in Android software can cause your software to throw unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error. If you did install any custom ROM or made modifications, make sure that the ROM you are using is compatible with Snapchat and also try to undo the modifications.
- Some older versions of Android simply doesn’t support Snapchat and Google Play Store wouldn’t allow you to install it on the old Android. But if you have, somehow, managed to install the Snapchat from other sources then first uninstall it and head towards the Settings and search for any software updates available for your Android OS. Update your OS and then re-install the Snapchat from Google Play Store.
Hopefully, above-mentioned solutions will fix unfortunately Snapchat has stopped error. Please do let us know in the comments sections if we helped to fix this notorious issue.