Last Updated on
YU Yuphoria is an excellent Android smartphone which comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box. The YU Yuphoria OS was pretty amazing at that time but not anymore. The device didn’t even receive any official support but if you still have a YU Yuphoria then we have an amazing news for you. You can now easily update YU Yuphoria to Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15 custom ROM. We have tested the Lineage OS 15 custom ROM for YU Yuphoria and it works perfectly and has all the features of Android 8.0 in it. If you are interested and want to update YU Yuphoria to Android 8.0 then follow the steps below.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download YU Yuphoria USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Your device needs to be rooted.
How to Update YU Yuphoria to Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15 custom ROM:
- Download YU Yuphoria custom ROM from here.
- Now, download the Gapps for the device.
- Copy and paste both the downloaded files on the root directory of your Android device.
- Now, power off your device and access the recovery mode on Yu Yuphoria.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, tap on ‘wipe data factory reset‘, ‘wipe cache partition‘ and ‘wipe dalvik cache‘.
- Once done, tap on ‘install’ in the recovery mode and select the lineage OS downloaded zip file.
- Once installed, repeat the same process for the Gapps.
- Once done, restart the device.
That’s it. You have installed Android 8.0 Oreo on Yu Yuphoria. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.