Last Updated on
Today we will tell you How to install TWRP on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Both these devices are the latest addition in Flagship line of Google called “Pixel”. Since both the devices are produced by Google so they happen to have a stock Android firmware loaded in them. Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL both come with Android 8.0 Oreo preinstalled. Most of the people install Custom Recoveries like TWRP to root and install custom ROMs on their devices. As Android OS installed on any device is not free of bloatware, if it’s not Pixel (Nexus). But let me tell you, there are a lot of benefits of installing TWRP on your Android device.
You can take backups and restore the partitions easily by using touch-screen interface of TWRP. You can format and Wipe Device partitions. With TWRP you can install Flashable .zips files which are the custom ROM’s, Super su and Magisk. These are the benefits you can get by installing TWRP on Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL. Since the launch of the devices, developers were working really hard to get the TWRP for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Finally, the hard work paid off and the developer Dees_Troy managed to produce the TWRP for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
Therefore, if you want to install TWRP on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL then follow the below guide carefully. With this step by step guide, you will be able to install TWRP on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Bootloader on Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL must be unlocked.
- Setup and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to install TWRP on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- Download the TWRP.img file for your device from the ‘Downloads’ section. Once downloaded, change the filename to recovery.img.
- Now move the ‘recovery.img’ file to ADB and Fastboot folder.
- It’s time to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- To do so, Power off your device. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume down key+ Power button simultaneously for 2-3sec.
- Once your device is in bootloader mode connect the device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Go to ADB and Fastboot folder and open the command prompt there. Hold shift key + Right click > Select Open Command Window here.
- Type in the following command to install TWRP on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now just reboot your device by typing in the following command in command prompt.
- fastboot reboot
- That’s about it.
You have successfully installed TWRP on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.