Last Updated on
Huawei has released another smpartphone with very powerful specs. Lately, Huawei has surprised the smartphone world by releasing awesome devices one after the other. This time we are talking about Huawei Honor 7X with a beautiful 5.93″ screen with 18:9 aspect ratio. Moreover, the device is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 659 chip along with 4GB of RAM. The smartphone comes in two configurations — 32GB Internal Storage with 3GB of RAM and 64GB Internal Storage with 4GB of RAM. In the camera department Honor 7X comes with Dual: 16 MP rear shooter and 8MP front shooter. Anyhow, in this guide, we will tell you How to Root and Install TWRP on Huawei Honor 7X.
TWRP Custom Recovery is a must for Android power users. Stock Recoveries installed on Android devices always have very limited options to play with. Therefore, if you want to customize, optimize, tweak your Android OS or you want to install a custom ROM, custom Kernel or any other modified package then TWRP Custom Recovery must be installed on your device. Another very important thing you can perform using TWRP custom recovery is removing bloatware. There are countless benefits of having TWRP Custom Recovery on your Android, therefore, without going into more nitty gritty let’s how to root and install TWRP on Huawei Honor 7X.
- Make sure bootloader on Huawei Huawei Honor 7X is unlocked.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Install Huawei Honor 7X USB drivers.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as while installing TWRP you might lose the data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of TWRP.
- Download Fastboot / ADB package for Windows
- Download Latest TWRP recovery for Honor 7X
- Download SuperSU Root for Honor 7X
How to Install TWRP on Huawei Honor 7X
- Extract the downloaded Fastboot / ADB package anywhere in the Windows.
- Now connect your Huawei Honor 7X with the computer via USB Cable.
- Download TWRP recovery .img file and save it in the same directory where you extracted Fastboot / ADB package files. Rename the file to img
- Next, go to the same directory where you have Fastboot/ADB and recovery.img on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type in the following command and press Enter.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your Huawei Honor 7X will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, simply type in the following command and press enter.
- fastbootflash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! TWRP is now installed on your Huawei Honor 7X. Now you need to Root Huawei Honor 7X. To do so, follow the below steps.
How to Root Huawei Honor 7X
- Download SuperSU Zip file from the downloads section.
- Move the downloaded Zip file to your device.
- Now boot your device into Recovery Mode. To do so, Turn Off your device and then boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- You will now see TWRP Recovery main menu.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file which you transferred to the device.
- Swipe right to confirm. This will start the installation process.
- After installation is completed, select Wipe Dalvik/Cache.
- Finally, reboot the device.
That’s it! Now you know how to root and install TWRP on Huawei Honor 7X.