Last Updated on
Lately, Huawei has surprised the smartphone world by releasing awesome devices one after the other. Huawei has released another smartphone with very powerful specs. This time we are talking about Huawei Honor 7X with a beautiful 5.93″ screen with 18:9 aspect ratio. Moreover, the device is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 659 chip along with 4GB of RAM. The smartphone comes in two configurations — 32GB Internal Storage with 3GB of RAM and 64GB Internal Storage with 4GB of RAM. In the camera department Honor 7X comes with Dual: 16 MP rear shooter and 8MP front shooter. Anyhow, in this guide, we will tell you How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 7X (L21, L22, L24).
If you are planning to install a Custom ROM on Honor 7X or you want to any other modification to your stock Android OS then the first thing you need is an unlocked bootloader on Honor 7X. Since to carry out any modifications to Honor 7X first you need to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Honor 7X. And to install the custom recovery first you need to unlock bootloader on Huwei Honor 7X. TWRP Custom Recovery is a must for Android power users. If you want to customize, optimize, tweak your Android OS or you want to install a custom ROM, custom Kernel or any other modified package then TWRP Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.
So, follow the below guide on How to unlock bootloader on Huawei Honor 7X to unlock the bootloader. Once you are done with unlocking bootloader on Honor 7X, don’t forget to check our guide on How to root and install TWRP on Huawei Honor 7X.
- Make sure the ADB, Fastboot and USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as unlocking bootloader on Huawei Honor 7X will erase all your data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
- Your Huawei Honor 7Xmust be running on EMUI 5.0
- Note down the IMEI number and serial number in Settings > About > Status.
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your phone and Note down the Product ID.
Get Unlock Code to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 7X
- Signup/Login on Huawei’s unlock website.
- Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader.
- Here fill the form using all the information you noted down. (IMEI, Serial Number, and Product ID).
- After completing the form click on Commit and then you will see the unlock code. Note it down.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Honor 7X (L21, L22, L24) Using ADB:
- Now connect your Huawei Honor 7Xto the PC.
- Next, go to ADB and Fastboot directory and open the command prompt there and type the following command.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will reboot now and enter into the Bootloader Mode.
- Enter the following command to finally unlock bootloader on Huawei Honor 7X.
- fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Huawei Honor 7X.