We are in 2018 and today the most important thing is the security, privacy, and protection of your personal data. Google and Samsung both got serious with it with the launch of Android 5.0 Lollipop. In Android 5.0 Lollipop Google introduced the feature called Factory Reset Protection (FRP) which ensures that no one in any circumstances is able to take access personal data. Say your Samsung device gets stolen and someone tries to Factory Reset it in order to gain access to the phone the FRP will block that person right away. As it will ask him to put in the login credentials of Google account or Samsung account that were used to set up the device.
The feature itself is excellent in terms of security of your personal data. However, it can get annoying if you yourself has factory reset your Android device and now you are not able to recall the login credentials of Google Account or Samsung Account. Well if this has happened to you and you are looking to bypass FRP lock then you have landed at the right place. Because, in this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to bypass Factory Reset Protection on Samsung Devices in 2018. This method works flawlessly on Galaxy J5, J7, Galaxy C5, Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge, S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, and Galaxy Note 8.
How to Bypass Factory Reset Protection on Samsung Devices in 2018
There are two ways to Bypass FRP Lock on your Samsung Device.
- OTG Cable for Android
- Without OTG Cable
Bypass FRP Lock with OTG Cable for Android
- Download Bypass Samsung Google account verification app apk.
- Copy the APK file to your USB.
- Now connect your USB to your Samsung device via OTG Cable.
- Once connected successfully it will open the file manager and install Bypass Samsung Google account verification app apk.
- At this point, you will have access to phone settings.
- Go to Backup and Reset phone settings.
- Tap Factory data reset and Reset device or Erase everything which will erase the following from your device.
- Google Account
- System and app data
- Device settings
- Downloaded Apps
- Music, Pictures and all other user data.
- Reboot the device and it shall boot up FRP Lock
Bypass FRP Lock Without OTG Cable
- Download and Install SideSync for PC.
- Run SideSync application on your PC and connect your phone using the USB cable.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the PC, you will see a pop up on your Samsung device. Tap on Chrome from that pop up to download the Bypass FRP Lock APK. Enter the following URL in Chrome.
- Once you have downloaded the APK file, tap back to open the Galaxy/Samsung Apps. It will ask you to install the SideSync on your device, ignore the prompt and search for ES File Explorer and install it.
- After installing the ES File Explorer, open it.
- Go to the Downloads folder and install the downloaded APK to bypass FRP lock.
- Now, you should have access to the phone settings.
- Scroll down to the Backup and reset option and tap on it.
- Tap Factory data reset and Reset device.
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked your Samsung device. This is how to bypass FRP lock.