Google’s Pixel 2 Camera App ports don’t seem to stop. Recently, senior XDA member miniuser123, released an APK which fixes some annoying issues with Exynos-based devices. After installing his APK on your Exynos-based Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, or Galaxy Note 8 you will be able to enjoy the famous Portrait mode of Google Pixel 2. The app also brings the ability to capture RAW photos and compressed photos simultaneously, zero shutter lag (ZSL), and 4K video recording. This mod only works with the rear camera at the moment. We hope the developer will soon release the app which will support front cam as well.
How to Install Google Camera APK on Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, and Galaxy Note 8
- Download Google Camera APK for S7, S8, or Note 8.
- Copy the downloaded APK to your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go to Setting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process
- After completion, apply the configuration in the Settings menu.
Configuration to Enable Portrait Mode on Samsung Galaxy S7, S8, and Note 8 (Exynos)
- Model: Nexus 6
- Portrait mode on all models: On
- af.debug.show: Off
- faceboxes: On
That’s it! After you have done the configuration, portrait mode and HDR+ would be more stable and won’t crash on your Exynos-based device.