Last Updated on
Today we are going to see how to root Xiaomi Redmi 5A in a complete step by step guide. Xiaomi has taken the mobile market by storm by producing very high-quality smartphones in a budget price. These phones are light on the pocket, but they pack some serious hardware under the hood. Take Xiaomi Redmi 5A for instance, the smartphone comes with 5.0-inch HD display with a decent ~296 ppi. It is powered by Snapdragon 425 Quad-core processor clocked at 1.4Ghz. The 32GB model comes with 3 gigs of RAM while 16GB model comes with 2GB of RAM. In the camera department, Redmi 5A gives you a 13MP rear shooter along with the 5MP front camera. All this comes under $140 price tag, which is insane.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes with Android Nougat 7.1.2 Nougat out of the box. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have stock Android like Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android One), Redmi 5A comes with MIUI 9.0 which is Xiaomi’s own skin. Therefore, if you want to have stock Android experience on Redmi 5A without any bloatware then you need to install a Custom ROM on it. And in order to install a custom ROM, you need to have root access and TWRP Custom Recovery installed on your Redmi 5A. That’s why you need to know how to root Xiaomi Redmi 5A. As soon as you root your Redmi 5A you will lose the warranty, so, consider this before you proceed.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Download and Install Xiaomi Redmi 5A USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Unlock your Xiaomi Redmi 5A bootloader.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5A Prime
- First of all, install TWRP Custom Recovery on Redmi 5A.
- Download Magisk and noverity.zip from ‘Downloads’ section, and copy both of them in the internal storage of your device.
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 5A with the computer via USB Cable.
- Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). And type in the following command and press Enter: adb reboot recovery
- In TWRP recovery menu, tap on Install >> zip >> Select this file and swipe the screen to flash.
- Once noverty.zip is flashed, get back to TWRP main menu again tap Install >> Local and select Magisk zip file >> swipe the screen to flash.
- Reboot your device now.
That’s it! Now you know how to root Xiaomi Redmi 5A.