Last Updated on
Nokia was once wiped out from the market and nobody thought that they would make such a strong come-back. Nokia is fast getting popular in the world because this time around it took the good decision of opting for Android OS. And the company is making this decision count. HMD Global, the brand under which Nokia is produced, has been really swift in releasing OS updates for their devices. Recently, HMD has started rolling a new Android 8.0 Oreo V5.160 Official Update On Nokia 5 via OTA. The update weighs around 1.7GB and it comes with the build number V5.160 along with December security patch. In this article, we will tell you how to install Android 8.0 Oreo V5.160 OTA Update on Nokia 5. OTA updates are always released in patches, means everybody doesn’t get updated at once.
With our step by step guide, you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo V5.160 OTA Update on Nokia 5. The latest update includes all the cool features of Oreo-like picture-in-picture, auto-fill for passwords, notification dots, new emojis, faster app installation time, latest security patches for the month of December and much more. However, this is still a beta version. Stable Android 8.0 Oreo update for Nokia 5 will be released once HMD is done with ironing out all the bugs in the system. Despite the fact that it is a beta release, you should definitely give it a try.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Nokia 5 USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo V5.160 OTA Update on Nokia 5
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo V5.160 OTA Update zip file from the link given above.
- Once downloaded, transfer the update zip file to the root of your internal storage on the phone.
- Now boot your Nokia 5 into recovery mode. To do so, power off your device; then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power Buttons. Release both the buttons once you see Bootloader Menu.
- Now from this Menu select Recovery Mode, and your Nokia 5 will reboot into recovery mode. (Power Button is used to make selection)
- Once your phone is back up in recovery mode. Simply, select install update from SD card. Locate update zip file which you transferred to your phone. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation to proceed.
- After the successful installation of Android 8.0 Oreo V5.160 OTA Update, head back to the main menu and select reboot system now.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo V5.160 OTA Update on Nokia 5.