Last Updated on
OnePlus 5T is the successor to OnePlus 5 which was launched earlier in 2017. However, both the devices are almost similar with a couple of exceptions; OnePlus 5T comes with 18:9 aspect ratio & bezel-less design and Face unlock feature. The latter is not an exception anymore as OnePlus brought the Face Unlock feature to OnePlus 5 via an OS update. Update OnePlus 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo and get the Face Unlock feature on it. OnePlus has also started rolling OxygenOS 5.0.2 update via OTA. OxygenOS 5.02 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and brings a lot of improvements to the system. The problem is that OTA updates come in batches and every one doesn’t get updated at once. Waiting for an update to hit your device is a painful process. So, why not skip the waiting part and update your OnePlus 5T to OxygenOS 5.02 OTA manually. In This Tutorial, we will tell you How To Install OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update On OnePlus 5T.
What’s new in OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update
Upgraded Android version to Oreo(8.0)
- New design for Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Launcher to v2.2 (Updated)
- Gallery to v2.0 (Updated)
- Weather to v1.9 (Updated)
- File Manager to v1.7.6 (Updated)
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of OxygenOS 5.0.2.
- Backup all important data just in case something goes wrong.
How To Install OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update on OnePlus 5T
- Download the OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA update zip file from the downloads
- After downloading the update zip file transfer it to the root of your SD Card.
- Now go to your Phone’s Settings >> System Updates.
- In System Updates click on the Gear Icon at the top right of the screen which will open the Settings of System updates.
- Here click on ‘Local Upgrade’ and you will see the OTA zip file which downloaded and transferred to the root of your SD Card.
- Click on the OTA Zip file, a pop-up box will open which will ask if you want to upgrade to latest OTA update.
- Click on ‘Upgrade Now’ and the installation will start. Once OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA update is installed on your OnePlus 5T the device will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Now you know How To Install OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update On OnePlus 5T.