Android 8.0 Oreo update is being rolled out for Sony Xperia X Compact. It’s a great news for Sony lovers, in fact, Sony users are used to quick updates. Sony is one of those mobile manufacturers who have good reputation in rolling out quick updates. The Oreo update comes with version number 34.4.A.0.364 and weighs around about 2.46GB. This update will bring all the exciting features of Android 8.0 Oreo to your Sony Xperia X Compact. However, the update is being pushed via OTA which means all the users aren’t going to get the update at once. In this tutorial, we will tell you How to Update Sony Xperia X Compact To Android 8.0 Oreo.
You can manually check the Xperia X Compact 34.4.A.0.364 Oreo update by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
This Oreo FTF update file is only for For Xperia X Compact Model F5321.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Xperia X Compact USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Update Sony Xperia X Compact To Android 8.0 Oreo
Flash Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia X Compact Using Flashtool
- Download FlashTool from above and install Flashtool drivers. Go to Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia drivers.
- Next download Download Xperia X Compact Android 8.0 Oreo FTF Firmware (34.4.A.0.364) from above and save it on Flashtool > Firmwares folder.
- Now run the Flashtool.exe.
- Click on Flash device->Flashmodeand Select the FTF firmware file.
- If you want a clean install from scratch Check Wipe cache, data, APPS_LOGand Otherwise, uncheck these options.
- After that click OK to start the preparation of flashing process. This process may take some time so be patient and let the process finish.
- When the firmware is loaded successfully you would know. The tool will now ask you to connect the phone.
- Therefore, Turn off your phone, now press and hold volume down key and connect it to PC via USB Cable.
- The flashtool will detect your phone, and will automatically start the installation process.
- Once the installation is completed, your phone will restart itself.
That’s it! You have successfully Updated Sony Xperia X Compact to Android 8.0 Oreo.