Last Updated on
It’s been quite a while since Android Oreo got released. However, Samsung just started rolling it out for its flagship devices. The first Galaxy Devices to receive Android Oreo were Galaxy S8 and S8+, here is the guide on How to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S8/S8+ Exynos. The second Galaxy Devices to get the official Android 8.0 Oreo update are going to be AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. This is a pre-build pulled straight from the AT&T servers, so it’s totally safe.
This is the first Android 8.0 Oreo release for Snapdragon Samsung Galaxy Devices, it brings all the new and exciting features of Android 8.0 Oreo to AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The most notable Android 8.0 Oreo features are Picture in Picture mode, notification snoozing, background app optimizations, and more. On top of that, this update brings Samsung Experience 9.0 to your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Samsung Experience 9.0 features a new keyboard with stickers and GIFs built in and the App Pair feature from the Samsung Galaxy Note8. This update also contains Samsung’s Bixby.
On the security side, it comes with a lot of improvements and many vulnerabilities such as BlueBorne, KRACK, and Spectre/Meltdown are fixed. The build comes with February 2018 security patch.
Let us clear one thing here, this guide is only meant for Galaxy S7 SM-G930A and Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935A. To confirm the model no. go to Settings > About Phone. Please don’t try it on any other models.
Follow our step by step guide on How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Android Oreo Update for Galaxy S7 SM-G930A
- Download Android Oreo Update for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935A
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
If you have an SD Card, continue below under the SD Card section. If you don’t have an SD Card, follow the without SD Card section.
Install Android 8.0 Oreo on AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge with SD Card
- Download the update.zip and transfer it to the SD Card of your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode by holding Volume Up + Home button + Power button
- Here, select “apply update from SD card.” and navigate to the update.zip file which you transferred to your SD Card. Select the update.zip by pressing the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot once the installation is done.
That’s it! Your phone is running Android Oreo now.
Install Android 8.0 Oreo on AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge without SD Card
- Boot into recovery mode by holding Volume Up + Home button + Power button.
- Select “apply update from ADB.”
- Now, Go to ADB and Fastboot folder and open the command prompt there. Hold shift key + Right click> Select Open Command Window here.
- In the command window, type adb sideload <file path to update.zip>.
Reboot your phone and it will be running on Android 8.0 Oreo.