Last Updated on
The Server Message Block Protocol, also known as SMB has been used to transfer files over a network. The SMB 1.0 was first used to transfer files but it had a lot of security vulnerabilities and in 2014 Microsoft officially deprecated SMBv1. In 2006, Microsoft released SMB 2.0 for Windows Vista which was more secure than SMBv1 and had a more powerful locking mechanism. With the release of Windows 7, Microsoft introduced SMB 2.1 which comes with minor performance improvements and a brand new locking mechanism.
Solid Explorer is one of the most popular Android file manager available on Google Play Store but it also comes with SMBv1 meaning users have to leave their servers open to vulnerabilities. However, NeatBytes, the developer of Solid Explorer launched the new version of Solid Explorer yesterday. The new version comes with the version number of 2.3.7 and it includes SMBv2 support. Moreover, it also fixes some crashes and App freeze issues and also improved the overall compatibility with Android Oreo. Solid Explorer 2.3.7 is now available on Google Play Store, if you want to download you can download it by following this link but if you are more interested to download Solid Explorer 2.3.7 APK then you can download it by following the steps.
Download Solid Explorer 2.3.7 APK for Android
- Download Solid Explorer 2.3.7 APK for Android.
- Copy the downloaded APK on your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go to Setting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process
- After completion, run Solid Explorer.