Last Updated on
The Honor 8 Pro was released approximately a year back and since the launch, the device has received several updates. Only a month a back, Honor 8 Pro received the much awaited EMUI 8.0 update based on Android Oreo. We have already written a guide on how to install Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 Update on Honor 8 Pro. Therefore, if you had a rooted Honor 8 Pro, and already installed Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 on Honor 8 Pro then it means you must root your Honor 8 Pro again. Therefore, in this guide, we will tell you how to install TWRP and Root Honor 8 Pro on EMUI 8.0.
- Make sure the ADB, Fastboot and USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Unlock Bootloader on Honor 8 Pro.
- Backup all important data as unlocking bootloader on Honor 8 Pro will delete all of your data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
How To Install TWRP And Root Honor 8 Pro on EMUI 8.0
Install TWRP on Honor 8 Pro on EMUI 8.0
- Connect your Honor 8 Pro to the computer via USB Cable.
- Now get the TWRP IMG file. To do so, download and extract magisk-root.zip in the same directory where you setup Fastboot / ADB files. After extracting magisk-root.zip you will get another zip file named magisk.zip and a TWRP IMG file.
- Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type in the following command and press Enter.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your Honor 8 Pro will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, simply type in the following command and press enter.
- fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Magisk-H8P.im
That’s it! TWRP is now installed on your Huawei Honor 8 Pro on EMUI 8.0. Now you need to Root Honor 8 Pro. Rooting the device gives you admin access and enables you to play with the core of Android OS. You can install Custom ROMs and make a lot of customizations. Here’s a complete guide which will tell step by step how to root Honor 8 Pro on EMUI 8.0.
How to Root Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- Download fstab-decrypt.zip from the link given above. Now move both fstab-decrypt.zip and magisk.zip to external microSD card or USB OTG.
- Now boot your device into Recovery Mode. To do so, Turn Off your device and then boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- You will see TWRP Recovery as earlier you installed TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Tap on Install and select the magisk.zip file which you transferred to the device.
- Swipe right to confirm. This will start the installation process.
- Once the magisk.zip is flashed, go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery tap on Install and Select the fstab-decrypt.zip file. Swipe right to confirm and start the installation process.
- After installation is completed, select Wipe Dalvik/Cache.
- Finally, reboot the device.
That’s it! Your Honor 8 Pro on EMUI 8.0 is rooted now.