Last Updated on
Samsung replaced Baseband CRAP with CRB7 due to the endless problems created by CRAP. The number of issues was increasing, therefore, Samsung stopped the OTA updates and removed CRAP from its servers as well. However, G950FXXU1CRB7 and G955FXXU1CRB7 for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ respectively are very stable. The latest build is based on Android 8.0 featuring the latest February 2018 security patch. So that now the update is again on the roll and a lot of users are getting updated to Android Oreo. The users who got updated to Android Oreo are looking forward to root their Galaxy S8/S8+. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you How to Root Galaxy S8/S8+ on latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
This tutorial doesn’t only work on Galaxy S8/S8+, it’s also applicable to Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, and Galaxy Note8. Above of all, this same procedure will help you to Root Galaxy S9/S9+ in near future.
Note: This guide is only for Exynos variants of Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S8/S8+, Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and Galaxy Note 8. Please don’t apply it to Snapdragon Variants.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8 (G950F/FD/N/X) and Galaxy S8+ (G955F/FD/N/X)
- Latest Magisk
- Latest Odin 3.13.1
How to Root Galaxy S8/S8+ on latest Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8/S8+ and transfer it to the PC.
- Next, download latest Magisk and transfer it to the phone.
- Now boot your Galaxy S8/S8+ into download / Odin mode.
- Open Odin3.exe from the extracted content of Odin 3.13.1.
- Now connect your Galaxy S8/S8+ to the PC while it’s still in Download Mode.
- In Odin tool one of the ID: COM boxes will turn blue with the COM port number. This means your phone is connected successfully.
- In Odin, click on AP Tab and select the TWRP Recovery TAR
- PASS! Message in the long tab is an indication that TWRP installed on your Galaxy S8/S8+.
- Now boot straight into Recovery mode. Here’s how to boot Galaxy S8/S8 into recovery mode.
- Flash Magisk via TWRP. Once flashed, reboot your device.
- Once, you are backup grant root access with the latest Magisk Manager App.
That’s it! Now you know how to root Galaxy S8/S8+ on latest Android 8.0 Oreo.