In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to install Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 on OnePlus 5. This update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo, and after installing this you will get to experience all Android 8.1 Oreo has to offer. Keep in mind that it’s a beta release and company plans to test it for a while before making it available to the public via OTA update. Yes, Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 won’t be available for you via OTA update. Therefore, you need to download Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 from this post and then install it on your OnePlus 5 by following our guide.
The update is not a big one but it brings some really subtle changes to the UI. Amongst the most notable features, added in Oxygen OS Open Beta 6, is auto pick up gesture. When enabled, this gesture would connect the incoming call as soon as you raise your phone. For example, your phone is lying on the table and it starts ringing, now as soon as you will pick it up and raise it the call be connected. Apart from that, there are bug fixes and improvements, more clock styles are added for ambient display. And most importantly, it carries February 2018 security patch.
Therefore, if you want Android 8.1 Oreo with February 2018 Android Security patch on your OnePlus 5 then go no further. Follow our guide on how to install Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 on OnePlus 5.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of Oxygen OS Open Beta 6.
- Backup all important data just in case something goes wrong.
How To Install Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 on OnePlus 5
- Download the Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 update zip file from the downloads
- After downloading the update zip file transfer it to the root of your SD Card.
- Now go to your Phone’s Settings >> System Updates.
- In System Updates click on the Gear Icon at the top right of the screen which will open the Settings of System updates.
- Here click on ‘Local Upgrade’ and you will see the OTA zip file which downloaded and transferred to the root of your SD Card.
- Click on the OTA Zip file, a pop-up box will open which will ask if you want to upgrade to latest OTA update.
- Click on ‘Upgrade Now’ and the installation will start. Once Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 update is installed on your OnePlus 5, it will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Now you know How To Install Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 on OnePlus 5.