Last Updated on
We have already told you how to install TWRP on Galaxy S9/S9+, now it’s time to look towards the rooting process. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you How to Root Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ with Magisk v16.1. As soon as the Galaxy S9 Kernel Source Code was being made available for download. The Android developers’ community started working towards porting TWRP to Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. And a famous XDA Developer Tkkg1994 build a TWRP Custom Recovery for Galaxy S9 and S9+. After installing the TWRP Custom recovery on Galaxy S9, you can easily flash SuperSU or Magisk v16.1 to root Galaxy S9 or S9+.
Magisk has proved to be the best tool when it comes to rooting Galaxy S9. However, before you proceed further, keep one thing in mind that you need to disable dm-verity and forced encryption. Well, you don’t have to worry about it as in our comprehensive guide on how to install TWRP on Galaxy S9/S9+, we also told that how you can flash the patched kernel image to disable dm-verity.
So, now that everything is ready. All you have to do is follow the below instructions carefully and within no time you have your Galaxy S9 or S9+ rooted.
Rooting process will void your device warranty. Therefore, if you are willing to give up on your warranty then proceed further. Also, keep in mind that you can un-root your Galaxy S9 anytime by flashing stock firmware. Once you flash stock firmware, you will also gain back your warranty.
Note: This guide is only for the Galaxy S9 G960F/FD/N and S9 Plus G965F/FD/N Exynos variants.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Root Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+
- Follow our guide on how to Install TWRP on your Galaxy S9/S9+.
- Once you have successfully installed TWRP, download Magisk v16.1 and copy it to your phone.
- Now Boot Galaxy S9/S9+ into Recovery Mode.
- Once your phone is in TWRP recovery, tap Install >> Install Zip >> Locate and select Magisk 16.1.zip >> and Flash it.
That’s it! Reboot your device. Your Galaxy S9/S9+ is rooted now. Now simply go to Google Play Store and install Magisk Manager from there.