Last Updated on
If you have recently updated your Galaxy Note 8 N950U to Android Oreo then it’s time to patch your device with April security patch. The Android Oreo April Security Patch for Galaxy Note 8 N950U is just released on Samsung.Firmware.Science. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you How to Install Android Oreo April Security Patch on Galaxy Note 8. However, before you proceed further there are a couple of things to keep in mind. First, your Galaxy Note 8 should be with Android Oreo on build number N950USQU3CRC2. The other thing is the update is not certified yet, so you will need to follow this guide to get the Google Apps working.
This build includes the April security patch and other usual feature upgrades of Android Oreo like notification channels, notification snoozing, background app optimization, and Picture in Picture mode. To install the latest build on Galaxy Note 8 N950U follow the guide below.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Galaxy Note 8 USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Android Oreo April Security Patch on Galaxy Note 8
- Download the OTA files from the download section. Important: Download the files one by one and rename them to CRC2 to CRC4 and CRC4 to CRC5. So, you don’t mix them up.
- Once renamed, transfer both the files to the SD Card.
- Now boot your Galaxy Note 8 into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “apply update from SD card”. Now select the CRC2 to CRC4 zip file, apply the update and let the phone reboot.
- Once CRC4 update is applied, again reboot your device into recovery mode and this time select CRC4 to CRC5 zip file. Apply the update and let the phone reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android Oreo April Security Patch on Galaxy Note 8.