Last Updated on
Android smartphones receive two major OS updates at max but the lucky Huawei Watch 2 has already received two major OS updates in shape of Android 7.1 Nougat and Android 8.0 Oreo. And now you can update your Huawei Watch 2 to Android P 9.0. Isn’t it amazing to be able to update your smartwatch to Android P 9.0. Recently, Google renamed its Android Wear Operating System for smartwatches to “Wear OS by Google”. Soon after, the search giant released the first developer preview of Android P 9.0 for Huawei Watch 2. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to update Huawei Watch 2 to Android P 9.0.
Both Classic and Sports variants of Huawei Watch 2 can be updated to Android P 9.0 using this guide. After updating your Huawei Watch 2 to Android P 9.0 you will get all the latest features of Android Pie along with the latest Android security patch level. Latest Wear OS include – Dark UI System Theme, Controlled background activity, turning off radios when off body, Wi-Fi off when Bluetooth is disconnected, and limited restriction related to non-SDK methods and fields.
At this moment, you can only update your Huawei Watch 2 Android P 9.0 via factory images. So, you need to download Android P9.0 Factory image for Huawei Watch 2 and then flash it via fastboot mode.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
How to Update Huawei Watch 2 to Android P 9.0
- Download the factory image from the link given above. Transfer the file to your PC or Computer.
- Now connect your Huawei Watch 2 to PC.
- Open Command Prompt or Terminal on your computer and navigate to the path where you have put the downloaded factory image file.
- Reboot your smartwatch into bootloader mode or fastboot mode. To do so, issue the following command: adb reboot bootloader
- Enter the following command to unlock the bootloader: fastboot oem unlock
- Now issue the following commands to flash Android P 9.0 Factory image on your Huawei Watch 2.
- fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash cache cache.img
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
- If you want to lock the bootloader then pass the following command: fastboot oem lock
- Reboot your Smart watch.
That’s it! This is how you can update Huawei Watch 2 to Android P 9.0.