Last Updated on
Nowadays every service which we use in our daily lives is free, be it Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, GMAIL, etc. You name it, each and every service is free of cost. However, amongst all this free awesomeness YouTube decided to deviate from the path of providing everything for free and introduced its paid service by the name of YouTube Red. Therefore, the people who are using the free version of YouTube Android App are not able to enjoy the features like Background Playback and Picture in Picture Mode. However, thanks to the ever-active development community of Android, it’s now possible to enjoy Picture in Picture mode, background Playback and Dark Theme without subscribing to YouTube Red. In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you How to Get Background Playback, PiP, and Dark Theme with YouTube Vanced.
YouTube Vanced is like advanced YouTube, it will bring a lot of features which are not available in regular YouTube App. This YouTube Mod, YouTube Vanced, can be installed on both rooted and non-rooted Android devices. However, to install it on a non-rooted device you would require to uninstall the original YouTube from the system completely. Nowadays, almost all the Android devices come with YouTube App as part of the system so you will have to remove the YouTube App from the system. You’ll also be required to install MicroG if you want to use the Sign-in features. There is also a Magisk version of this YouTube mod, it’s definitely for rooted devices. Anyhow, we highly prefer to use YouTube Vanced as Magisk Module on your rooted device.
- YouTube Vanced Light/Dark Theme APK
- YouTube Vanced Light/Black Theme APK
- MicroG for YouTube Vanced APK
Get Background Playback, PiP, and Dark Theme with YouTube Vanced APK (NO ROOT)
Download YouTube Vanced APK file from the links provided above in the Downloads Section. Now, install the APK on your Android device as you would install any other APK. Similarly, install the microG APK if you plan to sign-in and use features such as history and playlists.
Install YouTube Vanced via Magisk Module (Root)
- Launch Magisk Manager and go to the Downloads Section.
- Tap on the search button and type YouTube Vanced.
- Tap on Download Button next to the YouTube Vanced – Magisk Repo. This mod does contain a dark theme, however, if you want a completely black theme, pick the one below it named YouTube Vanced black themed – Magisk Repo.
- Select Install on the pop-up box that appears.
- Once installed, Tap on the reboot the button to reboot the device.
- The next you should be doing is to disable auto-updates for YouTube. To do so, go to Google Play Store and open YouTube page, tap on the three-dot menu button in the top-right and uncheck Enable auto update.
You should see the YouTube icon in your app drawer as a normal YouTube app. Don’t worry, it’s the YouTube mod which you just installed. Open the app and tap on the profile picture to open the Settings. In the settings you will see an additional entry labeled as Vanced Settings. In Vanced settings, go to Layout settings. You can turn on/off various toggles here to change the layout of YouTube App. Enjoy Background Playback and PiP mode as well with YouTube Vanced.