Razer company is well known for its products related to the gaming industry. The company produces gaming laptops, gaming mouse, gaming keyboards, gaming headphones. However, only last year the gaming accessories company decided to dive into mobile market to test the waters. And in that attempt, they introduced the phone by the name of Razer Phone. In general, the device has decent specs same as any other flagship device. However, the thing which sets Razer phone apart from other devices is its unique display with a refresh rate of 120Hz. Such high refresh rate makes Razer Phone a true gaming phone. On the software side, the phone was released with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. However, the company promised to provide the Android Oreo update to its users and it’s doing exactly the same. Here’s the guide on How to Install Official Android 8.1 Oreo On Razer Phone.
If you are wondering that where did the Android 8.0 Oreo update go? Then please be informed that the company decided to skip the Android 8.0 Oreo and jumped straight to the Android 8.1 Oreo. After installing Official Android 8.1 Oreo on Razer Phone you will get to enjoy all the official and amazing features Android 8.1 Oreo. On top of that Razer has thrown in some really cool features. The update is being rolled out via OTA, therefore, it could take 2 weeks before the update reaches your region.
This guide is for those impatient ones who can’t wait for the OTA update to reach their area. Download Android 8.1 Oreo OTA update for Razer phone and install it by using the below guide. Heed instructions carefully given in the guide and install official Android 8.1 Oreo on Razer phone within no time.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Google USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- OEM unlocking should also be enabled.
- Setup and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Make sure that your Razer Phone is running on the up-to-date factory version of Android with a locked bootloader. You cannot install this OTA update if the bootloader is unlocked on your Razer Phone.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Official Android 8.1 Oreo On Razer Phone
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo OTA update and move the downloaded zip file to ADB and Fastboot Folder.
- Now, go to ADB and Fastboot folder and open the command prompt there. Hold shift key + Right click > Select Open Command Window here.
- Now, turn off your Razer Phone, hold the volume up key and connect it to the PC via a USB cable to boot into the stock recovery of your device.
- In Stock Recovery, navigate to “Apply update from ADB” option from recovery and select the option using the Power button.
- After this enter the following command in command prompt window on your PC: adb sideload c4337e944cfacaff9033adf518ef08148f0b4477.zip
- Once the side-load process is finished, go on and select the “Reboot System Now” Option in recovery.
That’s it! This is how you can install Official Android 8.1 Oreo on your Razer Phone.