Last Updated on
After having a number of open beta tests with OxygenOS based on Android 8.1 Oreo, OnePlus have finally rolled out the official OxygenOS 5.1.0 Update based on Android 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus 5/5T. Now you can download OxygenOS 5.1.0 update for OnePlus 5/5T. The update is being rolled out via OTA system, and we all know that OTA updates are released in batches. Therefore, all the users cannot be updated at once. So, there is a fair chance that you will have to wait for quite a while before the update reaches your region. However, if you are not willing to wait, then this tutorial is precisely for you. In this guide, we are going to tell you how to install OxygenOS 5.1.0 update on OnePlus 5/5T.
The OxygenOS 5.1.0 Android 8.1 Oreo Update brings some really nice changes to the UI. Amongst the most notable features, added in OxygenOS 5.1.0, is full-screen gesture support same as iPhoneX. However, kindly note that this feature is only limited to OnePlus 5T. Apart from that, there are bug fixes and improvements, more clock styles are added for ambient display. And most importantly, it carries April 2018 security patch.
- Updated system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support (Only for OnePlus 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
Therefore, if you want Android 8.1 Oreo with April 2018 Android Security patch on your OnePlus 5/5T then go no further. Follow our guide on how to install OxygenOS 5.1.0 update on OnePlus 5/5T.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation.
- Backup all important data just in case something goes wrong.
How to Install OxygenOS 5.1.0 Update on OnePlus 5/5T
- Download the OxygenOS 5.1.0 update zip file from the downloads
- After downloading the update zip file transfer it to the root of your SD Card.
- Now go to your Phone’s Settings >> System Updates.
- In System Updates click on the Gear Icon at the top right of the screen which will open the Settings of System updates.
- Here click on ‘Local Upgrade’ and you will see the OTA zip file which downloaded and transferred to the root of your SD Card.
- Click on the OTA Zip file, a pop-up box will open which will ask if you want to upgrade to latest OTA update.
- Click on ‘Upgrade Now’ and the installation will start. Once Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 update is installed on your OnePlus 5, it will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Official OxygenOS 5.1.0 OTA update is installed on your OnePlus 5/5T.