Last Updated on
Galaxy A7 2016 was launched back in December 2015, pretty old huh. But to your surprise, this phone is still pretty relevant to today’s date. However, as we know Google doesn’t like to keep rolling out major software updates for older devices, therefore, Galaxy A7 2016 is stopped at Android Nougat. The Nougat was the last official update received by Samsung Galaxy A7 2016. As we know, the world has moved onto Android Oreo, in fact, we have already seen a Developer Preview of Android 9.0 P for Google Pixel Devices, the users of Galaxy A7 2016 would definitely want to test the latest flavor of Android on their devices. Well, officially it’s not possible, but thanks to the open-source nature of Android there are a plethora of Custom ROMS based on Android Oreo available in the market. So, you can pick any one of those and install them.
Having said that, to install a Custom ROM or for that matter to install any modified package, or kernel you have to have a root access on your Android device. And in order to root Galaxy A7 2016, first, you need to install TWRP on Galaxy A7 2016. So, you don’t need to go anywhere. Below is the guide on how to root Galaxy A7 2016 and Install TWRP on it. By doing so, you will not only be able to install a Custom ROM on Galaxy A7 2016 more so you will unlock the true potential of your device. So, without any further ado let’s jump straight to the guide how to root and install TWRP on Galaxy A7.
Table of Contents
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Root Galaxy A7 2016 & Install TWRP On it
- First download above mentioned files on your PC.
- Copy/Paste SuperSU file on internal storage of Galaxy A7 2016.
- Extract the TWRP file to get the file with .tar extension and Odin flashing tool to get the Odin file.
- Now switch off your Galaxy A7 to boot into download mode.
- Switch on your Galaxy A7 by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time. Keep them pressed until the screen with a Yellow Triangle Warning sign appears, now leave the buttons and press Volume Up button again to enter the Download Mode.
- Run Odin as administrator on PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once the Galaxy A7 is connected successfully to the PC, the ID: COM port will turn Blue on Odin, and you’ll see “Added!!” message.
- Click on the AP button on Odin and locate the file TWRP-Galaxy A7.tar which you extracted earlier. Once located, select it.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F . Reset Time options are checked and Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process of TWRP on Galaxy A9.
- A PASS! message will appear once the installation of TWRP on Galaxy A7 2016 is successful. Galaxy A7 will restart now.
- Disconnect the device from PC and turn it off to boot it in TWRP Recovery mode.
- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together to boot into the TWRP recovery.
- Tap the Install button in TWRP and select the Galaxy A7-SuperSU-v2.82.zip.
- After the installation is complete head over to main recovery menu and reboot your device.
That’s it! This is how to root Galaxy A7 2016 and Install TWRP Custom Recovery on it via Odin.