Last Updated on
Mokee OS is one of the best ROMs available on the market which comes with all the official Android Oreo Features. This ROM works perfectly on Mi Devices, and today we are going to tell you How to Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM on Mi Note Pro. Mi Note Pro was released back in January 2015 with Android Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. Now is the time to update Mi Note Pro to Android Oreo with the help of Custom ROM. Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM is based on Android Oreo and brings all the latest and greatest features of Android Oreo to Mi Note Pro.
Mokee OS is an open-source custom ROM based on AOSP. It brings all the official features of Android Oreo along with loads of customizations to your phone. The ROM will be free of any bloatware, thus, it will run pretty smoothly on your Mi Note Pro. However, this is not an official ROM announced by Xiaomi. Officially speaking, Mi Note Pro was only destined to receive updates till Android Nougat, but thanks to the Open Source nature of Android you can install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM on Mi Note Pro to taste the latest flavor of Android Oreo. Having said that, before you proceed, you need to have unlocked bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Note Pro and TWRP or CWM must be installed on your device. And of course, you would require root access as well.
So, without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide on How to Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM on Mi Note Pro.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Mi Note Pro USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM on Mi Note Pro
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM and GAPPS for Mi Note Pro on your computer.
- Connect your Mi Note Pro to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy/Paste downloaded Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until you see the Mi Logo. Release the Power button but continue to press Volume Up until you are brought to the recovery mode.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
That’s it! Now you know How to Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM on Mi Note Pro.