Last Updated on
Today we are going to tell you how to install TWRP and Root the phone with the mightiest camera on the market. Yes, you guess it right, we are talking about Huawei P20 Pro / P20. Learn how to install TWRP and Root Huawei P20 Pro/P20. Both these devices were launched a few weeks back and are packing in a very powerful hardware. They were released with a very refined EMUI software based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The hardware on this pair of Huawei P20 Pro/P20 is so powerful that on paper it seems like it will nail any application installed on it. However, still, there is a huge number of people who would want to tweak these monsters as much as possible. The other thing users like is customization, no matter how good you make the skin people still love to customize their devices as per their preferences.
Therefore, whether you want to tweak or customize, the first thing you need to do is to Install TWRP and Root Huawei P20 Pro/P20. We have already told you how to Root Huawei P20 with Magisk. Today we are going to tell you How to Install TWRP and Root Huawei P20 Pro and P20 with SuperSU. So, if you have already got your P20 Pro or P20 and looking for an easy guide to root P20 Pro or P20 then you are in the right place. Heed the instructions carefully given in the below guide.
- Make sure bootloader on Huawei P20 Pro / P20 is unlocked.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Download Huawei P20 Pro and P20 USB Drivers.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as while installing TWRP you might lose the data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of TWRP.
- Download Fastboot / ADB package for Windows
- Download TWRP Recovery twrp_clt_0.1 .img For Huawei P20 Pro
- Download TWRP Recovery twrp_p20_0.1 .img For Huawei P20
- Download SuperSU Root for P20 Pro / P20
How To Install TWRP on Huawei P20 Pro/P20
- Extract the downloaded Fastboot / ADB package anywhere in the Windows.
- Now connect your Huawei P20 Pro/P20 to the computer via USB Cable.
- Download TWRP recovery .img file and save it in the same directory where you extracted Fastboot / ADB package files. Rename the file to recovery.img
- Next, go to the same directory where you have Fastboot/ADB and recovery.img on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type in the following command and press Enter.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your Huawei P20/P20 Pro will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, simply type in the following command and press enter.
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! TWRP is installed on your Huawei P20 Pro / P20. Now you need to Root Huawei P20 Pro / P20. To do so, follow steps.
How to Root Huawei P20 Pro / P20
- Download SuperSU Zip file.
- Move the downloaded Zip file to your device.
- Now boot your device into Recovery Mode. To do so, Turn Off your device and then boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- You will now see TWRP Recovery main menu.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file which you transferred to the device.
- Swipe right to confirm. This will start the installation process.
- After installation is completed, select Wipe Dalvik/Cache.
- Finally, reboot the device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted Huawei P20 Pro / P20 and installed TWRP recovery.