Last Updated on
Today, we will tell you how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 5 Pro. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro was launched in February 2018 with a full-HD 5.99-inch screen, featuring the modern 18:9 aspect ratio. The set is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 along with 4/6 GB of RAM. On the software end, it runs on MIUI 9 which is built on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. However, to unleash the real power of this beast you need to have a custom recovery installed on it. MIUI 9 provides you a very good user experience. But there are users who don’t like the stock look of their smartphone and always want to try custom ROMs. This is where the root access and TWRP Custom Recovery comes in handy.
With TWRP Recovery installed on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, you can try all sorts of custom ROMs and install modified packages on your smartphone to get the best possible performance. However, tweaking the OS is a risky affair so we always recommend to take a proper backup before tinkering with the Android system.
So, now, without any further ado let’s jump straight to the step by step guide on How to Install TWRP and Root Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Unlock your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro bootloader.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro to the computer via USB Cable.
- Download TWRP IMG and save it in the same directory where you setup Fastboot / ADB. Rename the file to recovery.img.
- Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Now, in the command window type in the following commands one by one.
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot reboot recovery
- That’s it! Now, your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro shall boot into TWRP recovery mode.
TWRP recovery is installed on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
How to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro
- First of all download SuperSU.zip and copy it to the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your phone from your computer.
- In TWRP recovery menu, tap on Install >> Install Image >> Locate SuperSu.zip >> Select this file and swipe the screen to flash.
- Flashing SuperSU will actually root your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. Reboot your device now.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted and installed TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.