Last Updated on
Essential PH-1 was one of the first phones to get Android Oreo Beta update, and later on, the device also received the stable Android 8.0 Oreo update very quickly. The Essential phone is at it again, Google recently announced the names of OEMs who are going to get Android P Beta Update for their devices, Google I/O 2018. Those OEMs included Essential and today the company has already launched its Android P Beta Program for Essential PH-1. Which means you can now Download and Install Android P Beta on Essential Phone. To try out Android P Beta on the Essential phone you would require Android P Beta Image for Essential PH-1.
As I mentioned earlier, the company has already launched Android P Beta Program, which means all you have to do is to visit Essential’s Android P Developer Preview webpage and scroll down. Once, you fill out all the details you will be redirected to the downloads section. From there select Download (OTA), once the zip file is downloaded save it on your PC somewhere where you could find it easily. Now it’s time to install Android P Beta on Essential PH-1. Follow the steps provided below and within no time, you will be enjoying the latest Android P Beta on your Essential. But before you go to the section where all the installation steps are mentioned its necessary that you go through the pre-requisites section first.
- Make sure that your Essential PH-1 is running on the latest stock firmware from Essential.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Essential PH-1 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Setup and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Android P Beta on Essential Phone
- Connect the device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Go to ADB and Fastboot folder and open the command prompt there. Hold shift key + Right click> Select Open Command Window here.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode by entering the following adb command: adb reboot recovery
- Once in recovery mode, hold the Power button, then press the Volume Up button one time. When the menu appears, select Apply update from ADB.
- Now enter adb devices in command prompt. This command will return your device name. Make sure sideload appears next to it.
- Use the following command to sideload the update zip on your Essential PH-1: adb sideload <path to> Downloaded OTA Zip File
Replace <path to> with the path where you placed the update file.
That’s it! The update will take some time to get installed. So, don’t worry! Once it’s installed, simply reboot your device and enjoy Android P Beta on your Essential phone.