Last Updated on
Asus has just launched a new handset in the Zenfone Series of flagship smartphones. The latest phone is named as Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 and it comes with all the bells and whistles required in 2018. To begin with, the phone has a dual-camera setup on the back and a beautiful 18:9 6-inch Full HD panel. Both these features are quite 2018ish and are part of nearly every flagship which has been released in 2018 so far. Apart from that, the device is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 SoC, comes in different configurations of storage and RAM. The 64GB model comes with 4/6GB and the 32GB model comes with 3GB of RAM. To power all this hardware, a humungous 5000 mAH battery is installed. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo stock Android and will definitely be updated to Android P. So, it’s quite a future-proof device.
For those of you who have already gotten their hands on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 must be finding ways root it and install TWRP on it. Whether you want to install TWRP or root the device, the first thing you need to do is to unlock bootloader of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. It comes with a locked bootloader, but fret not. In this guide, we are going to take you through the whole process of rooting, installing TWRP, and unlocking bootloader. Therefore, sit tight and follow our guide on How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. But before you start the process, make sure to go through the Prerequisites section as its very important.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Download and install Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- First things first, download all the files from the “Downloads” section and transfer them to ADB and Fastboot Folder.
- After this extract the unlock.rar file. And Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Now boot your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 into recovery mode. To do so, power off your device and long-press Volume Down and Power button for 5-10 seconds to reboot into recovery mode.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, go to the unlock folder (which you extracted earlier) and click on the unlock.cmd file in it.
- Now wait for the process to finish and the bootloader of your device will be unlocked.
Now that you have unlocked the bootloader of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 it’s time to move forward to install TWRP and Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
How to Install TWRP and Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do so, press Volume Up + Power button to boot into fastboot mode.
- Now connect your phone to the PC via a USB Cable.
- Enter the following command inside the command prompt window:
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-1-20180512-X00TD.img fastboot reboot
- Once TWRP is installed, the phone will reboot automatically.
- Next, transfer the Magisk.zip file to the internal storage of the phone and boot it into recovery mode once again.
- Click on the Install section inside TWRP recovery and look for the Magisk.zip.
- Now, swipe right to initiate the installation.
- After the installation, the device will automatically reboot two to three times before the final boot. So, don’t worry.
Once your device is back up, you will have a rooted Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. So, this is How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.