At last a sigh of relief for OnPlus 3/3T as the company has recently rolled out the stable OxygenOS 5.0.3 Update for OnePlus 3/3T with Face Unlock. The latest update comes with May Security Patch and some other features and fixes. Other than that, you won’t find any revolutionary changes being brought to OnePlus 3/3T. The main feature of this update is Face Unlock, therefore, if you are a fan of Face Unlocking feature then you are in for a treat. As, after updating your OnePlus 3/3T to OxygenOS 5.0.3 you will be able to use the famous Face Unlock feature. Below is the official Changelog for OxygenOS 5.0.3.
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.5
- Supported FaceUnlock
- Refined Shelf UI design
- New design for App shortcuts
- Supported more options when long pressing an icon
- Places: a map view of photos by location
- Supported sharing photos to Shot-On-OnePlus
- Added “Recently Deleted” collection
- File Manager
- Added “Large files” category
- Added new widget for Launcher
- Improved the positioning accuracy
- Adjust refresh interval for weather information update
The promised Android 8.1 Oreo update for OnePlus 3/3T is yet to be released. Therefore, an update to Android 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus 3/3T is still pending. Anyhow, for now, Update OnePlus 3/3T to OxygenOS 5.0.3 and enjoy the Face Unlock Feature. Also, it’s worth mentioning here that this is a penultimate update, after this OnePlus 3/3T will only see one more update before the company stops updates for them. OnePlus 3/3T are not going to get Android P update.
Below is the guide on how to install OxygenOS 5.0.3 update on OnePlus 3/3T.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation.
- Backup all important data just in case something goes wrong.
How to Install OxygenOS 5.0.3 Update on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download the OxygenOS 5.0.3 update zip file from the downloads section.
- After downloading the update zip file transfer it to the root of your SD Card.
- Now go to your Phone’s Settings >> System Updates.
- In System Updates click on the Gear Icon at the top right of the screen which will open the Settings of System updates.
- Here click on ‘Local Upgrade’ and you will see the OTA zip file which downloaded and transferred to the root of your SD Card.
- Click on the OTA Zip file, a pop-up box will open which will ask if you want to upgrade to latest OTA update.
- Click on ‘Upgrade Now’ and the installation will start. Once OxygenOS 5.0.3 update is installed, it will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Official OxygenOS 5.0.3 update is installed on your OnePlus 3/3T.