OnePlus 6 is already in hands of developers and as a result of this today we are able to install TWRP on OnePlus 6. Yesterday, we shared an article on how to unlock bootloader and root OnePlus 6 and in that we also mentioned that TWRP is not available for OnePlus 6 at this moment. However, only a day later, Unofficial version of TWRP is available for OnePlus 6. OnePlus 6 is a real powerhouse, and to unlock its true potential you need to get the root access of your OnePlus 6. Therefore, if you are interested in trying TWRP and rooting your OnePlus 6 than go on and follow the below guide. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to install TWRP on OnePlus 6.
As we have already mentioned that it’s an unofficial release of TWRP for OnePlus 6. Therefore, you need to download and flash more files than you would usually do with official TWRP release.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest OnePlus 6 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The bootloader on OnePlus 6 must be unlocked.
- Setup and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download all the files included in this link. Below is the list of files included in this link.
How To Install TWRP On OnePlus 6
- First of all download all the files from the link given above. After that, put boot.img, Root.zip, TWRP-Blue-FIX.zip, and TWRPWorkingInstaller.zip on your phone’s memory.
- Put twrp.img in your Fastboot/ADB folder.
- It’s time to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- To do so, Power off your device. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for 5-6sec.
- Once your device is in bootloader mode connect the device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Go to ADB and Fastboot folder and open the command prompt Hold shift key + Right click> Select Open Command Window here.
- Type in the following commands one by one to install TWRP on both partitions on OnePlus 6.
- fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img
- fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img
- Now pass the following command to boot into recovery mode: fastboot reboot recovery
- TWRP will boot in Chinese, here’s How to Change TWRP Language to English.
- Once the language is changed to English, Tap on Install then select and flash boot.img, TWRPWorkingInstaller.zip, TWRP-BLUE-FIX.zip, and Root.zip one by one.
That’s it! You now have fully working TWRP on OnePlus 6.