OnePlus 6 is probably the hottest device available in the market right now. There is no reason that it should be discounted off against the likes of Huawei and Samsung. It packs all the hardware which is required to brand a device as a flagship. OnePlus started producing devices in budget range, but now they are slowly breaking that barrier and entering into the big guns market. OnePlus 6 is roughly priced at $529, which is a quite competitive price considering the hardware it’s providing. However, there is one thing which is not being offered in OnePlus 6 and that is Call Recording Feature. This is a feature which is not being offered by any OEM by default. However, if you are an owner of OnePlus 6 and is looking to enable call recording on OnePlus 6 then fret not.
OxygenOS, by default, has a call recording feature and it’s not very hard to enable. There are multiple ways through which you can enable call recording on OnePlus 6, one of the methods doesn’t even require root. All these methods are compiled by an XDA Member called shadowstep.
So, without any further ado, let’s go through the methods through which you can enable call recording on OnePlus 6.
How to Enable Call Recording on OnePlus 6
Method#1: Enable Call Recording via ADB Command
Before you opt for this method, there are a couple of things which you need to consider. First, this is the only method which doesn’t require Root. And the bad thing about this method is that it won’t survive the reboot. Therefore, if you often reboot your device or drain your battery then this method might not be very useful for you. Anyhow, follow the below steps if you still want to follow this method.
- Setup ADB/Fastboot Drivers on your Computer.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Next, go to ADB and Fastboot directory.
- Open command window from inside the folder: Hold down Shift Key + Right Click > Select ‘Open Command Window Here’.
- Connect your OnePlus 6 to the PC.
- Execute the below command to enable call recording on OnePlus 6.
- adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1
Call recording is enabled on your OnePlus 6. However, as mentioned earlier, it’s will be gone once you restart your device. And to get back the call recording you will have to execute the command again.
Method#2: Enable Call Recording via an App (Root required)
- Download Enable Call Recording v2.0 APK for Android.
- Copy the downloaded APK on your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go to Setting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process
- After completion, launch the app and grant root permissions.
Method#3: Enable Call Recording on OnePlus 6 via Magisk Module (Root Required)
- Download OnePlus 6 Call Recorder Magisk Module.
- Copy the magisk module zip to your device.
- Open Magisk Manager and import the module.
Well, these are the methods through which you can enable call recording on OnePlus 6.