Last Updated on
Lineage OS 15.1 is the latest version of Lineage OS which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The Lineage team is not only able to offer Android Oreo OS for old devices but are able to offer a stable build. The Lineage OS 15.1 is currently available for limited smartphones but now the latest Android 8.1 based lineage OS is now available for Galaxy Note 7000. The Galaxy Note 7000 is an old Android device which was launched back in 2011 and it was based on Android 2.3.5 which was later upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
The Lineage OS 15.1 is a stable build and it brings a lot of customization offers and new features such as a new picture mode, Android Oreo emoji style, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill password, new notification UI and a lot more. If you still own this old smartphone and want to taste Oreo on your device then follow the steps below.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and TWRP must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Galaxy Note 7000 USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Update Galaxy Note 7000 to Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Android 8.1 Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM and GAPPS for Galaxy Note 7000.
- Connect your device with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 8.1 Linage OS 15.1 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 8.1 Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully updated your Galaxy Note 7000 to Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM.