Last Updated on
Since the launch of the first Pixel Device until today, all pixel devices introduced so far came with a single camera lens. Recently, we witnessed Huawei P20 Pro with triple camera lens setup and no doubt it stunned the world with its quality pictures. But the amazing thing is that Google Pixel 2 still has a better camera in terms of picture quality. Google Pixel 2 comes with one camera lens, then how is it possible that it produces pictures as good as taken from Huawei P20 Pro which has three lenses. Well, the answer is simple. All the magic happens in the image processing software of Google. Being the biggest software company on the planet earth, it’s not surprising that Google has built such a masterpiece of software that gives phones with three camera lenses run for their money.
This is the reason why every now and then we see a Google Camera Port for various devices. Today we are bringing you a brand new port, today, we are going to tell you How to Install Google Camera Port on OnePlus 6. The developer by the name of cstark27 was working on this port for nearly two months, and just recently he managed to provide a Google Camera Port for OnePlus 6. Through several updates, a number of bugs have been fixed. Below is the list of features which works in this port.
Things that work
- Rear HDR+ Capture
- Front HDR+ Capture
- Lens Blur
- Google Lens
Things that don’t work
- Camera app loads up with a 16:9 aspect ratio instead of the device’s default 19:9.
- Motion photos feature
- Bad autofocus in low-light
- Slow-motion also doesn’t work in this port.
- Portrait mode
There was another purple tint issue which users faced. But the issue was fixed by defcomg, another XDA Developer. The GCam APK provided in this post is with Purple Tint Fix.
How to Install Google Camera Port on OnePlus 6
- Download GCam APK for OnePlus 6.
- Copy the downloaded APK to your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go to Setting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process
- That’s it! Your stock OnePlus 6 Camera app is replaced by Google Camera App.