Last Updated on
Group Calling is not an alien feature to us. This feature has been available on many Instant Messaging and Voice Calling apps like Skype and Google Hangouts. WhatsApp never seemed to give importance to Group Calling feature. According to the company, people from all around the world nearly spend 2 billion minutes on voice calling. These calls are made by 1.5 billion WhatsApp users, if we do the simple math every user on average spend 1.3 minutes on a voice call on a daily basis. With these staggering numbers, WhatsApp took so long to introduce the feature as simple as Group Calling.
Anyhow, at last, the company recently announced the feature called “WhatsApp Group Calls“. It means now in WhatsApp you can make a Group Call to finalize your trips or business plans. You are not only limited to voice notes. Now the problem is, users, don’t know how to make a WhatsApp Group Call. This Android Tutorial is about how to make a WhatsApp Group Call.
The WhatsApp update is rolling out all over the world, so make sure you have updated your app before trying to make a WhatsApp group call. A group call in WhatsApp can handle up to 4 participants at once in a group call. Which means you can invite three group members to partake in voice or video group call. Many would criticize the small number of participants being allowed by WhatsApp to enter in a group call. On the other hand, Facebook Messenger allows 50 participants, Skype allows 25, and SnapChat supports 16. But the question is, is it practically possible to handle more than 4 to 6 participants in a group call? I think not.
Anyhow, if you have the latest WhatsApp on your Android device and you don’t have any idea how to make a group call, then keep on reading. Below is the guide on how to make a WhatsApp Group Call.
How to Make a WhatsApp Group Call
To make a group call, you’ll first need to place a one on one voice or video call after which you can add more participants to the call.
- Launch WhatsApp from the app drawer.
- Tap on Calls Tab and then Tap on the floating Dialer icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Choose your first participant and connect with him by click on either phone icon or video icon. Depends on which type of call you want to make.
- This will connect you to the first participant.
- Now on the call screen, you notice an add contact icon at the top the right corner of the screen. Tap on it and the contacts list will open again.
- Here you can choose the third participant.
- Repeat the same process to add the fourth one.
This is it! It’s that simple to make a WhatsApp Group Call.