Last Updated on
Xiaomi is known for producing amazing phones in the budget price range. But I can’t recall a Xiaomi phone which gathered more attention than Xiaomi Poco F1. Poco F1 is the latest Xiaomi phone which is making headlines on every other Android Blog. And users got more interested in it when they heard the news that Xiaomi will update Poco F1 to Android 9.0 Pie in 4th Quarter of 2018, which means we can expect the update to drop somewhere between October to December. Now there are two ways to go forward – either you can wait for the official Android 9.0 OTA update for Poco F1 or you can take things in your hands and install Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Poco F1 right now. In this Android tutorial, we are going to tell you How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Poco F1.
The phone runs on Android Oreo out of the box but with the help of our guide, you can update Poco F1 to Android 9.0 Pie in a jiffy. So, if you are the impatient one and doesn’t want to wait for the official update to arrive then proceed further and install Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Poco F1 and enjoy the latest and greatest features of the latest flavor of Android.
Note: We will use Android 9 AOSP ROM to update your Pocophone F1 to Android 9.0 Pie. Therefore, you need to have TWRP Recovery installed on your Device.
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Poco F1
- Download the AOSP ROM and GApps from the links provided in Downloads Section.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Extract the AOSP to get system GSI file in.IMG format.
- Boot your device into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together for a few seconds. Release the buttons as the boot logo appears on the screen.
- Now you have to perform the following tasks in TWRP Recovery.
- Factory Reset
- Advanced Wipe
- Clear Data, Dalvik, and Cache Partitions
- Tap on Mount from the main screen of TWRP.
- Now go back to the home-screen and Tap on
- Select the ROM file and install it.
- Once the ROM is installed, head back to the home screen, Tap Install and select GApps file to flash the Gapps.
- That’s it! Reboot the device and you are done. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie on your Xiaomi Pocophone F1.