In this post, you will learn how to download WhatsApp Status/Stories on your Android Phone. WhatsApp is without any doubt the most famous and most used chatting app available on the market. WhatsApp allows you to make voice calls, video calls, and do text messages. Further, you can share videos, photos, documents, contact cards, audios, and locations with your WhatsApp buddies. You can now also make a WhatsApp Group call which is again a very handy feature. Anyhow, in 2017, WhatsApp introduced a feature where you could share a video status or photo status with your friends. The status will only show to your contacts for 24 hours, after that it will disappear. Sounds familiar? Yes, it serves the same purpose as the stories of Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat do.
Many times you see a good video status on WhatsApp which you want to download, but unfortunately, there is no default option to do that. Same is the case with WhatsApp status in image form, you can simply download it. Many resorts to the screenshots, but it’s not the ideal method to save the status/story on your Android phone.
Our method is pretty simple and doesn’t involve any screenshot taking techniques or screen recorders for video statuses of WhatsApp. By following our tutorial, you can easily download WhatsApp Status/Stories on your Android Phone.
How to Download WhatsApp Status/Stories On Your Android Phone
- Download and install ES-File Explorer File Manager by ES Global from the Google Play Store by clicking here.
- Next, launch the app from app drawer and grant the required permissions.
- Tap on the menu button from the top left side of your display. It’s also called Hamburger Button.
- Next, from the menu, tap on tools and enable show hidden files
- Now, open the internal storage and go to WhatsApp >> Media >> .statuses.
In the .statuses folder, you will see all the statuses/stories which you have already seen. You can easily copy paste any status/story on your device.
This is how you can download WhatsApp Status/Stories on your Android Phone.