Last Updated on
In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you how to root Xiaomi Poco F1 and install TWRP Recovery on it. Xiaomi Pocophone F1 is the hottest smartphone on the market at this moment. Minus flagships, Poco F1 is making some serious rounds in the budget phone market. The phone comes with a 6.18-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2246 pixels. It’s powered by a robust 2.8GHz octa-core processor. Pocophone F1 has 6GB of RAM and comes with 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card.
If you want to install Custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, and do modifications on your Pocophone F1 then you must install TWRP Recovery on your device. TWRP Recovery is also used to root devices, therefore, if you want to root Xiaomi Poco F1 then you must install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1. In this article, first we are going to tell you how to install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1 and then in the second part, we will see how to root Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Your Poco F1 Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Back up all your data before installing TWRP Recovery and rooting your Pocophone F1.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi POCO F1
- Download all the files from the downloads section.
- Copy Disable-Force-Encryption-Treble.zip file on the internal storage of your device.
- Download TWRP recovery image for Poco F1 (beryllium) and save it in the same directory where you setup Fastboot / ADB. Rename the file to recovery.img.
- Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Connect your Poco F1 to the PC.
- Now, in the command window type in the following commands one by one.
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now execute the following command to reboot your POCOPHONE F1 in TWRP Recovery Mode: fastboot reboot recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, you will be prompted to Keep System Read only? Tap on the “Keep Read Only” button to not allow for system modifications.
- Now, Tap on Install and select Disable-Force-Encryption-Treble.zip. Swipe right to start the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, Go to TWRP Home: Tap on Reboot > Recovery.
How to Root Xiaomi Poco F1
- Once your device is back in TWRP Recovery mode. Tap on Wipe >> Format Data. This will wipe your device completely.
- Connect your device to your PC and Copy the Magisk v17.1 to your POCO F1.
- Tap on Install button and select Magisk v17.1 file. Swipe right to flash.
- Once it’s done flashing. Reboot your device.