Last Updated on
Galaxy Note 9 is one of the most popular Android device and its now available worldwide. The device comes with high-end specifications and a beautiful design. If you own a Galaxy Note 9 and want to tweak it further then we have some good news for you. Recently, TWRP launched the latest TWRP 3.2.3 version and it fully supports the latest Galaxy Note 9. TWRP 3.2.3 allows you to install third party custom ROMs, apps, kernels and mods on your Android device. If you are interested and want to install TWRP on Galaxy Note 9 then follow the article.
The latest TWRP 3.2.3 only supports the Exynos variant. The Snapdragon variant will be added in the new version. Here is the list of currently supported variants:
Galaxy Note 9 Supported Variants:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F (single-SIM)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960FD (dual-SIM)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960N
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960X
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 9 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- You must enable “OEM Unlock” (located in Developers Options) before you do anything.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Galaxy Note 9:
- First download above mentioned files on your PC.
- Extract the TWRP file to get the file with .tar extension and Odin flashing tool to get the Odin file.
- Now switch off your Galaxy Note 9 to boot it into download mode.
- Switch on your Galaxy Note 9 by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time. Keep them pressed until the screen with a Yellow Triangle Warning sign appears, now leave the buttons and press the Volume Up to enter the Download Mode.
- Run Odin as administrator on PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once the Galaxy Note 9 is connected successfully to the PC, the ID: COM port will turn Yellow on Odin, and you’ll see “Added!!”
- Click on the AP button on Odin and locate the file TWRP_3.2.3.tar which you extracted earlier. Once located, select it.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F . Reset Time options are checked and Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process of TWRP on Note 9.
- A PASS! message will appear once the installation of TWRP on Galaxy Note 9 is successful. The device will restart now.
- Disconnect it from the PC and turn it off to boot it in TWRP Recovery mode.
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery 3.2.3 on your Galaxy Note 9.