Last Updated on
One thing is for sure now, Notch is here to stay. The trend started by Apple is now picking up the pace and every Android OEM is adapting it for whatever reasons. However, there are many ways through which you can hide the notch. And some of the OEMs are courteous enough to provide you with the built-in option to hide big black chin on your display. Google has also provided the option to hide the notch on Google Pixel 3 XL, but its really not easy to find. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you step by step How to Hide Notch on Google Pixel 3 XL. There you go, if the Notch has been holding you to pre-order Google Pixel 3 XL, then order it now. As we will tell you how to hide the notch on Google Pixel 3 XL.
How to Hide Notch on Google Pixel 3 XL
We had no idea that Google has given the built-in option to hide the Notch. However, the option is not very obvious and is very difficult to find. But we have got you covered, follow the below steps carefully and within no time you will be able to hide notch on Google Pixel 3 XL.
- Open Settings on your Google Pixel 3 XL.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on System.
- Tap the first option About Phone in System Page.
- In About Phone, scroll all the way to bottom and tap rapidly six to seven times on your device’s build number.
- Eventually, you’ll be asked to re-enter your PIN. Enter it.
- After you enter the PIN you will see a notification, “You are now a developer!”
- Now, go back to the System Page and there you will see the Developer Options.
- Tap on it to enter the Developer Options. Look out for the option named, Device Cutout.
- Tap on Device Cutout, and then tap Hide.
That’s it! This is how to hide Notch on Google Pixel 3 XL. The procedure is lengthy but its there. We hope that Google will make access to this option more easier in future software updates. Because there is no point in hiding the option to disable Notch so deep. Who wants to disable the notch will disable the notch.