Last Updated on
In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3/3 XL. Even though Apple is accused of introducing features which at first looks like dumb like Notch, the absence of 3.5mm audio jack and gesture navigation system. However, in the recent past year, Android phones have adopted all three of them with Gesture Navigation System being adopted in the last. In Android 9.0 Pie Google replaced the good old-fashioned three-button navigation system with the new latest Gesture Navigation System. We all know that adapting to anything new is a difficult task and many of us are not good at it. Anyhow, Google seemed to understand it and they provided it Gesture Navigation System is an option. Users could have easily chosen between Gesture Navigation System or three-button navigation system.
However, this changed recently when Google decided to shove this new Navigation System down the throats of Google Pixel 3/3 XL users. Although the new gesture system was an optional change in the beta builds, it seems like there is no way of reverting back to the traditional navigation method in the stable build of Android Pie. This was confirmed by an official tweet by Google.
Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL both are amazing handsets with capabilities beyond your imagination. So, if only Android 9.0 Pie Gesture Navigation System is holding you back from buying this awesome phone, then fret not. We have got you covered. Follow our guide on how to disable Gesture navigation on Google Pixel 3/3 XL and revert back to old three-button navigation system.
How to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3/3 XL
Before you proceed to the guide keep one thing in mind. To get back the three-button navigation system you will have to give up on the latest Pixel Launcher based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you are okay with this trade then proceed further.
- First of all, install any third-party launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. You can literally install any launcher of your choice but to get close to stock experience, install Rootless Launcher.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Now, connect your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL with the PC via USB Cable.
- Open a command prompt or shell window in the folder where ADB is installed on your PC and type these commands.
- adb shell
- pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Reboot your Pixel 3/3 XL by typing “reboot” and pressing enter.
That’s it! This is how you can disable gesture navigation on Google Pixel 3/3 XL.