Xiaomi is rolling out Android 9.0 Pie Beta update for it’s Android One devices. The Android One Devices supposed to receive and quick OS updates. However, in-case of Xiaomi, they are rolling out the Android 9.0 Beta update after three months of its release. The Xiaomi Mi A2 is a popular Android One Device, and many users around the world were anxiously waiting for Android 9.0 Pie Beta update for it. The Android 9.0 Pie Beta update is for those who had registered with the Xiaomi’s beta testing program announced a couple of months back. However, if you didn’t register at that time and now want to test the beta update then don’t worry. In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell How to Download Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update.
This is a leaked version of Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 9.0 Pie Beta update but it’s safe to download and install it on your device. The stable version is about to release next month, but why wait for a whole month when you can download and test Android 9.0 Pie Beta update right now on your Mi A2.
The size of the update is around about 1GB and it comes with November 5, 2018, Security Patch based on Android 9.0 Pie. The screenshots below also reveals a new launcher which mimics Google’s latest pixel launcher. The update also brings the new gesture navigation system to your Xiaomi Mi A2.
The Android 9.0 Pie Beta update for Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with firmware build number PKQ1.180904.001.V10.0.1.0.PDIMIFJ for the device codenamed jasmine. We are going to install it via fastboot method.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. You can enable USB Debugging on Mi A2 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make sure you have created a full backup of your device including your personal photos and videos.
- Install the latest Xiaomi Mi A2 USB Drivers.
- Download Python and payload dumper.
Download Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update
Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update
- Connect your Mi A2 to PC in Fastboot mode.
- Download payload_dumper-win64.zip and extract it on your PC.
- Now, download Mi A2 Android 9.0 Beta Update from the link given above. Extract the zip file and copy payload.bin to payload_input
- Double-click payload_dumper.exe and wait for it to complete.
- Copy fastboot.exe from your ADB Installation and paste it int the payload_output folder.
- Now type “CMD” in Windows Explorer address bar and paste the below commands one-by-one in CMD.
- fastboot flash bluetooth_a bluetooth.img
- fastboot flash bluetooth_b bluetooth.img
- fastboot flash devcfg_a devcfg.img
- fastboot flash devcfg_b devcfg.img
- fastboot flash dsp_a dsp.img
- fastboot flash dsp_b dsp.img
- fastboot flash modem_a modem.img
- fastboot flash modem_b modem.img
- fastboot flash xbl_a xbl.img
- fastboot flash xbl_b xbl.img
- fastboot flash pmic_a pmic.img
- fastboot flash pmic_b pmic.img
- fastboot flash rpm_a rpm.img
- fastboot flash rpm_b rpm.img
- fastboot flash tz_a tz.img
- fastboot flash tz_b tz.img
- fastboot flash hyp_a hyp.img
- fastboot flash hyp_b hyp.img
- fastboot flash keymaster_a keymaster.img
- fastboot flash keymaster_b keymaster.img
- fastboot flash cmnlib64_a cmnlib64.img
- fastboot flash cmnlib64_b cmnlib64.img
- fastboot flash cmnlib_a cmnlib.img
- fastboot flash cmnlib_b cmnlib.img
- fastboot flash abl_a abl.img
- fastboot flash abl_b abl.img
- fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
- fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
- fastboot flash system_a system.img
- fastboot flash system_b system.img
- fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
- fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
- fastboot flash mdtp_a mdtp.img
- fastboot flash mdtp_b mdtp.img
- fastboot flash mdtpsecapp_a mdtpsecapp.img
- fastboot flash mdtpsecapp_b mdtpsecapp.img
- fastboot erase ddr
- fastboot reboot
This is how you can download Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update. I know the installation process is not as easy as you would like, but its worth the hassle. Android 9.0 Pie would look beautiful on your Mi A2.