Last Updated on
Download Google Contacts 3.2.4 APK for Android from this post. The big G has added a working dark theme to its latest Google Contacts App version.
Google introduced a new material theme in Android 9 Pie which is referred to as Material Design 2 (MD2). The two main features of new material theme are greater emphasis on white space and removal of colored backgrounds in favor of white. The more efficient use of white space makes the theme more minimalistic. However, this minimalism in theme comes at the cost of battery timing when it comes OLED displays. The white color draws more power on OLED displays which means you are going to hurt your battery timing. But the Google finds it the way forward and urged developers to add dark themes in their apps to save battery life.
Once you download Google Contacts 3.2.4 APK and install it on your Android Device. There are two ways to enable the dark theme in Google Contacts.
- Turn on the dark theme by switching on the toggle in the app’s sidebar.
- Switch on Night Mode in Developer Options in the user’s device to automatically enable the dark theme in Google Contacts.
It’s worth mentioning here that the dark theme in Google Contacts is not truly black, it’s dark grey theme. Anyhow, it’s still going to save a good amount of battery life for you.
Here’s a guide on How to check your phone’s DPI.
Download Google Contacts 3.2.4 APK for Android
- Download Google Contacts 3.2.4 APK for Android. (400-480dpi | 560-640dpi)
- Copy the downloaded APK to your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go to Setting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process
- After completion, launch Google Contacts App in Dark Theme.