Last Updated on
Learn how to use YouTube Story/YouTube Reels Feature. Adding a Story to your social network is getting a norm now. Every app is trying to follow the footsteps of SnapChat in their own way. SnapChat introduced the concept of Stories, and now it’s been adopted by companies like Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp. Now, it’s time for YouTube to jump on the bandwagon. Google has rolled out an update for YouTube App which brings the YouTube Stories Feature or you can say YouTube Reels. This, YouTube Stories Feature, allows the creators to add small video snippets as YouTube Stories to their respective channels. Google thinks that it will help the creators to engage more effectively with their subscribers.
The creators don’t have to go through the long process of uploading a video if they want to convey a small message they can simply use YouTube Reels and upload a video snippet in which they can engage with their subscribers. You can also upload an image as YouTube story and add a number of different elements such as Text, Stickers, music and more.
This is an amazing feature to have but some users have no idea how to use YouTube Story/YouTube Reels Feature? Below is the step by step guide on How to Use YouTube Story/YouTube Reels Feature. These stories will stay in YouTube Stories Tab/Reels Tab unless you decide to get rid of them. Unlike other apps, YouTube Stories/YouTube Reels are not self-destructive. You can record videos of up to 30 seconds each, creators can then add some filters, music, text and new YouTube-y stickers before publishing their Reel.
How To Use YouTube Story/YouTube Reels Feature
- Open YouTube App on your device and make sure you are logged in.
- Tap on the Video Icon located at the top right side of the screen.
- As a result, you will see a pop-up at the bottom of the screen. There you will be presented with 4 options. Tap on Stories Icon.
- It will open your camera app, now you can take a picture or record a video as you would do in other apps.
- After that, you can add a number of different elements such as Text, Stickers, music and more.
- Once you have got your story/reel ready. Tap on Post to complete the process.
- Now head back to your YouTube account and swipe left and here you will find a new menu named as Stories/Reels.
That’s it! Now you know how to use YouTube Story/YouTube Reels Feature. Add all sorts of interesting stories to your YouTube Channel.