Last Updated on
We are already in 2019 and the mobile industry is thriving at a rapid pace. With the start of the new year, we are going to see many advancements in software and hardware. A lot of developer tools are going to get the latest software updates with awesome features. Odin is a software which is used by millions of users to flash Stock ROMs on a Samsung Galaxy Device. It’s also used to flash recoveries, modem files, and OTA updates. In this post, we are going to discuss how you can download and install Odin For MAC in 2019. Odin is originally developed for Windows-based system only, but thanks to the developer from XDA Adam Outler, this brilliant piece of software was ported to MAC OS. The Odin for MAC was renamed as JOdin 3. So, basically in this post, we are going to learn how to install and use JOdin 3 on MAC OSX.
Despite the fact, that JOdin 3 isn’t officially recognized as Samsung’s Official Flashing Tool it does such a brilliant job that you shouldn’t look for any other tools while it’s available. Another question which arises in the minds of the Samsung Galaxy Users is that will the use of JOdin 3 void their warranty. Well, JOdin 3 won’t void the warranty of your Galaxy Device. Therefore, use it with complete peace of mind. Odin in simple words is a one-stop destination for Samsung users who want to flash the firmware, unlock bootloaders, unroot and much more on their device.
Features of Odin 2019
- To Flash your Stock ROM
- Can Flash a Custom kernel
- Can Flash Custom Recovery such as the TWRP recovery
- To Flash a ROOT package
- Supports .tar or .tar.md5 files
- Offline and Web browser-based Online
Before we go any further into the guide there are a few things which need to be checked.
Requirements to Download and Install JOdin 3 on MAC OSX
- Install Java on your MAC OSX
- Next, Install Hemidall.
- Finally, you need to get rid of Samsung Kies installed on your MacBook.
Download and Install Odin For MAC (JOdin 3)
How that you have fulfilled all the requirements and have all the necessary tools, it’s time to learn How to Use JOdin 3 on MAC OSX in 2019.
How to Use Odin (JOdin 3) on MAC OSX in 2019
- Connect your Samsung device to the MAC and Enable USB Debugging Option by going into Settings > Developer Options.
- Now, open JOdin 3 on your MAC or access it online via your browser.
- You should see Connected written with Green Background in JOdin 3. It indicates that everything is OK and you can proceed further. Also, make sure that only Auto Reboot option is checked. Uncheck all other options.
- Next, click on the PDA option within the software.
- Now, navigate to your .tar.md5 which you want to flash on your Galaxy Device.
- It’s time to boot your Samsung Galaxy Device into Download Mode. To do so, hold your Power Key + Volume Down + Home button all three simultaneously.
- Now, Click on the start button.
- Next, it will ask you for a PIT file, with a message displayed showing a Yes, Click on it.
- After that, it will again display the next message with an OK button, again Click on it.
- This is the most important step of the whole guide. It’s time to put your device in Download Mode, again. Only this time, this will trigger the JOdin3 to get a PIT file for you.
- Once it gets PIT File for you, JOdin3 will display a message saying PIT file found, now hit
- Now, click on the Start Button.
- You should see a PASS message if everything went well. Otherwise, you will see a FAIL message which means that you have missed something. If you see a FAIL Message, we recommend to go through the steps once more and see if you have missed anything.